Saturday, August 29, 2009

Coffee run

No this isn’t about a run down to the nearest Starbucks for coffee. Our house helper, Dariasso, asked me (Paul) a few weeks ago to help her take her 7 - 80 kg bags of coffee to the market to sell.

Her village, Wopepa, is too far away for PMVs to come and take it. I haven’t been able to go until now due to rain and muddy roads. When it’s been raining it’s impossible to go along the roads to Dariasso’s village by car.

When we arrived, many people from the village came out to see what was going on. We loaded the bags of coffee and had to put the truck in low 4wd to get back up the hill.

This is the church building in Wopepa

The road went right between houses. I felt funny about driving in someone's front yard but they said it was ok.


I had to stop and wait for a momma goat and her 2 babies to cross the road.


This is one shot of the road I was on. I wasn't able to take many pictures on the way up because I had to keep both hands on the wheel.

A very grateful and happy Darriasso and her husband are selling their coffee here.

No comments: